Palma best Place to Live in the World, by the Sunday Times
Capital and Most Important city in the island. It is located in the center of the Palma Bay. The toponym dates from Roman times. The Arabs in the 10th century Mayurka Medina walls erected, and in 1229 was Conquered by the King James I. Its cathedral stands out facing the sea, the Paseo Maritimo with Its bars and restaurants, the Bellver Castle, the old Palma with Its antique buildingsCapital and largest city of the island. It is situated in the center of the Bay of Palma. The name dates from the time of the Romans, the Arabs rise up the walls and in 1229 it was reconquered by Jaime I. Highlights include the cathedral, the promenade, Bellver Castle, the historic center, etc.
- Villages: capital city (Old Town, Santa Catalina, Paseo Maritimo) and residential areas (Son Vida, Portixol, Puntiro)
- Landscape: Old town, Palma promenade, Palma Bay, Olivar and Santa Catalina market
- Beaches: promenades with harbours with bike path, easy access and services
- Sports: skating, jogging, cycling, sailing (King’s Cup international regatta)
- Nautical: Palma harbour (large yachts, sailboats and international cruise) + small harbours nearby
- Golf: Son Vida, Son Muntaner, Son Quint
- Lifestyle: cosmopolitan city with a fantastically restored old town, international cuisine with stylish tapas and cocktail bars and cultural attractions such as museums or theaters, the shopping street Jaime III and the Paseo Born, the Market of Olivar and Santa Catalina.